We meet at 9:30 AM on the second Thursday of every month except July and August at the North Ontario United Methodist Church, 7200 Ontario Center Road., Ontario NY.
What we do:
• Plant & maintain the flower barrels in the village of Ontario, at Ontario Town Hall, etc.
• Hold a plant sale each Spring with a huge variety of plants at budget-friendly prices.
• Do the annual Spring Clean-up at Heritage Square, and plant a tree for Arbor Day.
• Have guest speakers at our meetings, take field trips, share gardening knowledge.
• Fund eco-friendly organizations like the DEC Conservation Camp, Pennies for Pines, Nature Conservancy, Water for Sudan, Federated Garden Clubs of New York State, World Gardening Association.
• Donate scholarship money to a Wayne Central graduating senior who plans a career in agriculture, horticulture, biology, etc.
• Visit residents at Blossom View Nursing Home for holiday activities.
• Participate in meetings, flower shows, and other events sponsored by gardening organizations in the area.
• Have a lot of fun!
If you’d like information about our meetings, please contact Bonnie Denison 524-3726 or TOGC President Mary Mattice 524- 4327. Gardening experience is not a requirement to join the Club. We are all learning all the time.