Ontario Garden Club
Town of Ontario Garden Club
We meet at 9:30 AM on the second Thursday of every month except July and August at the North Ontario United Methodist Church, 7200 Ontario Center Road., Ontario NY.
What we do:
• Plant & maintain the flower barrels in the village of Ontario, at Ontario Town Hall, etc.
• Hold a plant sale each Spring with a huge variety of plants at budget-friendly prices.
• Do the annual Spring Clean-up at Heritage Square, and plant a tree for Arbor Day.
• Have guest speakers at our meetings, take field trips, share gardening knowledge.
• Fund eco-friendly organizations like the DEC Conservation Camp, Pennies for Pines, Nature Conservancy, Water for Sudan, Federated Garden Clubs of New York State, World Gardening Association.
• Donate scholarship money to a Wayne Central graduating senior who plans a career in agriculture,
horticulture, biology, etc.
• Visit residents at Blossom View Nursing Home for holiday activities.
• Participate in meetings, flower shows, and other events sponsored by gardening organizations in the area.
• Have a lot of fun!
If you'd like information about our meetings, please contact Bonnie Denison 524-3726 or TOGC President Mary Mattice 524- 4327. Gardening experience is not a requirement to join the Club. We are all learning all the time.
Established in 1996, Boy Scout Troop 127's charter is held by the North Ontario United Methodist Church. The Troop meets at our Church every Thursday evening at 7:00 pm. Troop 127 provides an excellent Scouting program to over 20 scouts from Ontario and the surrounding communities. While Troop leaders teach the Scouting program, the Troop is active in the community by working with other civic organizations such as: The Ontario Fire Company, Rotary Club, Salvation Army, Ontario Food Pantry, Town of Ontario and Ontario Parks & Recreation. Feel free to stop in any time and say hi! We'd be glad to meet and welcome you into our Troop!
Our church also holds the charter for the Scout Venture Crew - for young men and women up to age 21. This group pursues more high adventure activities. For more information click on www.troop127ontario.org.
Our local high school uses our facility to hold all of the AP exams.
Our church is just one of many voting locations in Ontario. What makes our location extra special is the Baked Food Sale that features many homemade goodies! Please be sure to stop by our Baked Food Sale and take home some tasty treats!