Transportation Ministry Opportunity
We are looking for volunteers who are willing to provide transportation, periodically, for those in need. You would take parishioners to such places as doctor appointments, grocery store, church, etc. If you are interested in this ministry opportunity, please contact Gerry Whitmire at 524-5570. Thank you.
The Volunteers in Missions Team (VIM) has an account with Sparky's Cans & Bottles on the corner of Ontario Center Road and Route 104. Those who wish to donate their cans and bottles may drop them off at Sparky's and indicate that the proceeds should be sent to North Ontario United Methodist Church.
Weekend Back-Pack Food Program
At the end of September, once again we will begin the Weekend Backpack Food Program with the Wayne Central School District. As a result, we would greatly appreciate any donations to supplement the food packs. Items we are looking for include:
Canned fruit in juice
Canned tuna in water or foil pack tuna
Dried fruit multi-packs such as raisins
Microwave soups, Macaroni & cheese, Spaghetti-o’s,and/or popcorn
Instant Oatmeal & multi-pack cereals
Quaker Snack Bars
Fresh fruit – seedless oranges, apples
100% juice boxes or pouches
Multi-packs of peanut butter
All items need to be shelf-stable, easy to prepare, nutritious, kid-friendly, and individually packaged. Thank you!
NOUMC Coffee Mugs
There are beautiful dark blue coffee mugs available with a drawing of the church in gold. The cost is $10 and the proceeds go to
support church projects.
The Prayer Group and Bible Study is meeting for the fall/winter season at Arlena Bergen’s home, 1043 Willits Road, Ontario–every Friday at 10:30am. Please, feel free to attend! This group is open to everyone.
There are sign-up sheets looking for YOUR help at the NOUMC Lasagna Dinner, October 7 at 4:00pm. Tickets may be bought via the church office and/or at the door. $8.00 each.
Fall Chicken BBQ
The annual fall NOUMC Chicken BBQ is October 13, 4:00-6:00pm. $10.00 each. Sign-up sheets are on the bulletin board for needed help. Advance tickets are best and may be reserved at church office.
Election Day Baked Food Sale
Once again we will be having our Election Day Baked Food Sale at the church on Tuesday, November 7th. You can help by baking some of your favorite goodies to sell. All baked goods will need to be dropped off at the church around 6:00 p.m. on Monday, November 6th. If you have any questions about the sale, please contact Barb Canan.
Home for the Holidays Bazaar
The NOUMC Home For the Holidays Bazaar is scheduled for Friday, November 17 & Saturday, November 18. It will be here before you know it!! In the meantime, we encourage you to be thinking about, and working on, your crafts. It’s never too early to start putting aside your donations for the Next to New, New to You Sale. Watch for posters & sign-up sheets on the bulletin board with more information in the bulletin as well. We could use your help in the following ways: Baking for the Baked Food Sale during the bazaar and for the bar cookies that will be served with lunch. Homemade crafts & foods to sell at the bazaar. Set-up during the week of November 13, Waiters & Waitresses during lunch on Friday & Saturday and most important of all we hope to see our church family attend the bazaar and stop by for lunch as well. If you have any questions, please contact Darlene Canan or Dawn Thomas. Thank you!!!
Church Activities (See calendar on home page for dates, times, etc.)
• The Knitting Ministry – The prayer shawls Knitting Ministry began at NOUMC in 2007. Like the U.S. Postal Service, this group never cancels their meetings. The “Knitters” meet on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month and spend time working on their shawls and having a wonderful time of fellowship as well. The yarn is often given by anonymous donors, as well as, by the knitters themselves. They do not stockpile the completed shawls as the goal is to give them away as soon as there is a need. To date 230 shawls have been made and distributed by this team. The shawls have been sent to Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvannia, and Texas.
• Prayer Group – Anyone is welcome to attend the Prayer Group that meets every Friday at the church at 10:30 a.m. for a time of prayer for the people in our congregation.
• Bible Study – Our Bible Study meets every Friday at 11:00 a.m. immediately following Prayer Group at the church.
• Choir – Our adult choir meets every Thursday evening at 7:00 p.m. for rehearsal and then again on Sunday morning prior to our worship service. We are truly blessed to have such musical talents that are used to share a special message on Sunday mornings.
• Coffee Fellowship – Once a month immediately following our worship service, we have a coffee fellowship with goodies. It’s a wonderful opportunity for the members of our congregation to fellowship together while enjoying wonderful homemade goodies.
Food Pantry: Just a reminder that October 1, 2017 is food Sunday. It has recently been brought to our attention that the Ontario Food Pantry is now serving double the number of families as last year at this time. Please remember this need in our own community and do a little extra shopping if you can. Feel free to take one of the 15 Hands4NY bags and fill it up with items that are needed. It would be great to see that all 15 bags are used continuously. The food we send to the Ontario Food Pantry will be included in the Hands4NY "Feed a Million" campaign. Please note that baby items have been added to the list below.
Canned meats – Spam, tuna, ham, turkey, chicken, potted meat
Canned Fruit - assorted
Canned Veggies – assorted
Macaroni & Cheese
Soups – all kinds
Boxed Potatoes – all varieties***
Baby Items - Baby Wipes, Baby Food, Diapers, etc.
***The Food Pantry is always in need of these items.
Thank you for your support!!